I recently bought the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation after I saw a lot of people rave about it and at first glace I thought it was amazing. I was wrong.



The consistency wasn't as thick as I thought it would be but I went with it anyway. It applied nicely and looked normal on my skin. I did apply another layer as it wasn't as thick as I wanted it to be.

I wore it for a few days and removed it each night properly and thought nothing of it, until after the third or fourth day and realised my skin had came up in huge dry patches on my nose and cheeks. I upped my moisturising and tried a lot of things to get the moisture back into my skin but nothing worked.

I stopped using the foundation for three days and visibly noticed a huge difference. The dry patches had nearly disappeared and my skin was looking a lot better. To make sure it was the foundation I gave my skin time to recover and then on one day where it didn't matter what my makeup really looked like I applied it again, but with one layer of foundation, and waited.

The exact same thing happened. Scaly dry patches. I was so disappointed. I'd spent £8.99 on this and after 5 applications I realised I had completely wasted my money.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rimmel's 24 hour lasting foundation and their lipsticks and nail varnishes, but there was something in the Wake Me Up formula that just did not like my skin at all.

My usual sort of foundation is Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation and I went back to that and my skin didn't react.

Regarding colour I am usually the shade 'Ivory' in foundations and the colour was almost exact as my Maybelline one, so there were no flaws there. 

Apart from the dry patches I'd say this foundation would have been about a 7/10, but it isn't worth ruining my skin over, so for someone who is (rarely) prone to dry patches or reactions to products I wouldn't recommend this foundation.

Has anyone else had this problem? If you have any recommendations to products I should try?

BVL
xxx